Baked Camembert is easy to create at home and get that gastro pub taste! We have been serving this up for years and wanted to show you how to take it to the next level!
To Bake Camembert You Will Need;
- Camembert wheel in it’s wooden box
- Olive Oil
- Whole bulb of garlic
- Rosemary Sprigs
- Salt and Pepper
- A Tablespoon of White Wine
Instructions For Baked Camembert Perfection
- Preheat the oven to 180
- Take the Camembert from the box, remove all plastic wrapping and then put it back into the box
- Make a cross on the top of the cheese, basically breaking the skin to allow flavour to penetrate
- Cut your bulb of garlic in half and lay it on the baking tray, with the Camembert.
- Take a sprig of rosemary and put it on top of the cheese, sort of poking it in as you do.
- A tablespoon of white wine is fine if that is what you have to hand, rose is also fine!
- Gently pour the wine over the Camembert where you have made the slice.
- Salt and pepper to taste preference and then pop it in the oven for 25 minutes.
You do not need to tie the wooden box together as it will hold the gooey cheese in place.
Whilst this is cooking slice some posh artisan type bread. Do it at a slant and it will look much more bistro style. Either grill the bread with alight drizzle of olive oil or simply toast both sides.
You can serve with olives and sundried tomatoes. My husband swears by a nice cold glass of cider, I however think wine is the way forward!
The roast garlic is pure perfection and is a sweeter softer taste.
This is how we celebrated out wedding anniversary during lock down and I think we will include it in a regular dinner party dish when we are allowed friends round once more.